Bum Bums - Natural Skin Care for Babies
It's a well known fact that baby's skin is both extremely vulnerable and sensitive. For this reason, it's important to ensure that the products you're using on your baby's skin are natural and mild. When choosing a skin care product for your baby, make sure it contains soothing ingredients that won't infect or irritate your baby's skin.
The following is a list of ingredients to avoid when purchasing baby skin care products:
Advertiser Links for baby skin care
- Fragrance - Don't purchase any baby skin care products that contain fragrances. Keeping your baby's skin healthy and comfortable matters more than whether or not he/she smells like a fresh bouquet of flowers. Perfume tends to irritate babies' skin.
- Color - Sure, color looks nice, but when it comes to baby products synthetic color is simply ineffective. Like fragrances, coloring agents are linked to irritating the skin of many babies and small children. Choose skin care products with no color added or ones that are naturally white.
- Peppermint, Menthol and Citrus - Skin care products containing these ingredients are almost sure to irritate your baby's skin. These products are considered harsh for adult skin, so just imagine what they can do to your baby's skin.
Now that you know what to avoid, let's find out what you should look for:
- Almond Oils - are a natural moisturizing ingredient found in many baby skin products. Almond oils soothe the skin leaving it silky and smooth.
- Vitamins - Baby skin care products infused with vitamins (especially vitamins A, C, and E) help maintain moisture balance in baby's skin.
- Herbal Extracts - Herbal extracts of chamomile, comfrey and marigold mixed with shea butter and coconut butter gently moisturize baby's skin.
Your baby's skin (especially the skin on their bottoms) requires extra care and attention. Depending on the product you choose, you could be helping your baby or harming them. Products containing natural ingredients - such as those listed above - moisturize the skin and leave it feeling healthy and comfortable. Take care when pampering your baby's skin. The choices you make now, may affect your child's skin in the future.