Facials for Men
It's just as important for men to take care of their skin as it is for women. There are various facials designed specifically for men who need extra care for their faces. Many men assume women's products are suitable for them as well, but this isn't the case. Men and women have very different types of skin and require very different facials. In order to understand why men and women need different skin care products, we must first examine the differences between these two types of skin.
Advertiser Links for facial treatment
Men and women's skin differ in the following ways:
- Men tend to have oilier skin than women do.
- Men have thicker skin then women.
- The skin on a man's face is more delicate than a woman's.
- Male facial skin has smaller sebaceous (oil) glands.
Now that we have determined the differences between the two types of skin, it's clear why men require a different facial skin care regime. A quality facial scrub for men should be formulated to moisten and refresh the face. Most men shave on a daily basis; which can cause irritation and dry out the skin on the face.
For an effective men's home facial, try this recipe:Ingredients
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 drops of essential oil (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powered oats
- Peel and mash banana. Add honey, egg yolk, wheat germ oil, oats and lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients together until a smooth, creamy paste is formed. (if the mask is too thick, add a touch of water to thin it out)
- Add essential oils and stir well.
- Apply the mask to clean skin on the face and neck. If the paste comes in contact with eyes or mouth, wash immediately.
- Let mixture sit on the face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm, then cool water.
- Apply toner and moisturizer if desired.
This mask must be used within a few hours of preparation; otherwise the ingredients will become ineffective and can potentially damage the skin.